TOWN OF ELIZABETHTOWN
Resolution Authorizing the Advertisement for Sealed Bids
For the Sale of Certain
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Elizabethtown desires to dispose of certain surplus property of the Town of Elizabethtown;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Town Council that:
1. The following described property at 420 Martin Luther King Drive is hereby declared to be surplus to the needs of the Town of Elizabethtown:
Being in the Town of Elizabethtown, Bladen County, North Carolina and being located on the North edge of Ben Street and bounded on the East and West by the lands of Pervis McLaughlin, bounded on the South by Ben Street, bounded on the North by Lot 26 of the Westview Subdivision, Section II, Map Book 8, Page 27, Bladen County Registry.
Being Lots No. 10 and 11 of the H.M. Clark Subdivision shown on a map recorded in Book 4, Page 21, Bladen County Registry and being the same property conveyed to H.M. Clark and wife, Mary R. Clark to Oscar Rogers and Maude Rogers by Deed dated September 7, 1943, and duly recorded in Deed Book 110, Page 431, Bladen
County Registry. And being the same property more specifically shown and described on a plat of survey prepared by Clarence Hall, Jr., Registered Licensed Surveyor entitled “Map in the Case of Oscar Rogers, Jr., - Executor vs William Franklin Rogers et al”, and to which reference is hereby made for a more complete and accurate description of the property herein described and conveyed and which plat of survey is dated November 26, 1986.
For Back Title Reference See Deed Book 0286, Page 0209, Bladen County Registry.
For back title reference see Deed Book 767, Page 655, Bladen County Registry.
2. The Town Manager is authorized and directed to receive on behalf of the Town Council sealed bids for the purchase of the property described above.
3. Town Council determined the minimum bid price to be $25,600.00.
4. Sealed bids may be submitted to Town Manager Eddie Madden at 805 West Broad Street or P.O. Box 716, Elizabethtown, NC 28337 to be opened on 8/21/2020 at 4 p.m.
5. All offers shall be accompanied by a minimum five percent (5%) bid deposit. Bid deposits must be in the form of cash, cashier’s check or certified check.
6. The Town Clerk shall cause a notice of this resolution to be published in accordance with NCGS 160A-268.
7. The Town Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Adopted this the 13th day of July 2020.
Sylvia Campbell, Mayor